Last November, ‘Trish’ McKnight & Michal Madison began developing their creation of Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery & Talk Radio Broadcasting. This began as a sincere friendship built from the lives of two very different, yet very similar, child abuse & domestic violence survivors. While Michal & Trish came from two very different families; Michal’s the perfect Christian family, prominent within the community and viewed as a wonderful family unit by everyone who knew them, Trish’s family was known by everyone as dysfunctional with a feared stepfather and a mother who played herself as a woman trapped in his ugliness with three children. However, if you know Trish’s history and what she shares so much about today, she carried & waved every red flag she could possibly bare as to the warning signs of something much darker on the inside of her home.
Michal & Trish chose to provide a way to touch a few lives and give a path of hope & healing support throughout many arenas, so that they could better assist the victims & survivors who were reaching out to them. In building the website & talk radio programs it is our team’s true wish to provide trusted enlightenment & empowerment for communities, families, victims & survivors to provide a full list of resources to better aide the rescue & recovery within your own neighborhoods.
Well Butterfly Dreams has far exceeded our expectations of what we had even dreamed possible. There have been at least a hundred or more who have been helped by the one on one consultations and advice from Trish’s learned knowledge, which she has spent the last Five Years trying to become her own self studied expert in providing the very best support and guidance of developing safety plans, watching our for our kids, helping victims & others within our community, dealing with P.T.S.D., the battles of depression, and challenging ourselves to rise above the pain of the crimes to see a chance at life & happiness on the other side. Michal is now a trusted Art Therapy consultant who volunteers her time specifically with children who have been or are being harmed, so that they can break out of the shell of emotions and begin to laugh, shine, and be a child again. There have been many hundreds who have used and shared our website as a resource of help and suggested it out to those in their circles. Our fast growing talk radio programs have reached over 33,000 listens in only the past 10 months.
Thankfully, many of you have sent us over your testimonials and posted them out on various groups and we sincerely appreciate all of the incredible support & friendship that has been extended our way. Now we have decided to apply for the official nonprofit status 501c3 so that we can become a recognized ETHICAL, TRUSTED, & TRANSPARENT RESOURCE for the many who are suffering today.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Our original promised funding for the growth which was promised turned out to be a false hope. We are now left with the only option of reaching our for your assistance, and this is not something we like to ask of you, but in order to maintain what we are already doing & grow with resources, connections, supporters, and new programs to help us reach further out into; we truly have no choice. If you would like to help us achieve this goal – PLEASE – visit our website where you will find the official Paypal ‘DONATE’ option. Any amount you donate, even a single one dollar, is sincerely appreciated. Below you will find a full list of where we will be using any and all donations.
Here is a list of what you can expect to see from your assistance in donations:
1) Official Application & Development of Non-Profit 501©3 Status
2) Help us to provide the continued efforts of one on one consultations
3) Dr. Brenda to provide discounted or no-cost counseling services to those who cannot otherwise afford or get to resources.
4) Provide supplies for Michal Madison to continue Art Therapy Services for children affected by abuse and/or violence
5) Development of Survivors World Community Support Group beginning in Trish’s home location of Breese, Illinois
6) Continued Prime Time Radio Broadcast community outreach educational & enlightenment self help programs
7) Provide special printing for Training & Support Materials used in speaking/training services or seminars
8) Provide continued growth and development for the website of Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery
9) Aid in funding for special reports & surveys to provide further similarities in abuse and/or violence survivors, looking into the documented publications of the lifelong issues of emotional & physical health impacts from these types of trauma
10) Help us to continue our work in providing and building resources around the world to allow everyone to reclaim their self worth, live their dreams, and finally live free from the life altering impacts of these crimes, as well as aide in the emergency provision of services to victims, survivors, & families dealing with some form of past or present abuse or violence today.
Our Board of Directors are the very best in their field of Children & Youth Services, Legal Professionals, Mental Health & Family Therapy Services. You can rest assured of our constant and complete transparent provision of services with your much appreciated donations.
Founder/CEO: Patricia ‘Trish’ McKnight
Co-Founder/COO: Michal Madison
Chairman of the Board of Directors: Ms. Dana Hoffman – Professional Legal Researcher, Children’s Youth Services
2nd Chair – Honorable Judge Mary Elizabeth Bullock – PENDING ACCEPTANCE
Dr. Brenda Joyce Orozco Markert-Green – Owner/CEO, Afterglow Counseling, Mediation & Family Therapy Services; Mental Health/Family Therapy Educator
Mr. Robert Tschannen – Treasury Officer
Mr. Brett Sanders – Technology/Website Officer
Advisory Member – Ms. Lynn Tolson – Author/Advocate/Survivor; Project for T.E.A.R.S.
Advisory Member – Ms. Barbara Ochoa – Founder/CEO: PlunaFoundation, Help4Guys
Please visit Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery for Mission Statement, Testimonials, Code of Ethics Policy; Conflict of Interest Policy; Release of Liability Statement
Our family of Butterfly Angels who assist with supporting, sharing, and are support members in our live radio chatrooms:
Dawna Larsen – Admin Director – Abuse Survivors & Victims United
Debbie Naylor Cox – Admin. Director – Abuse Survivors & Victims United
Mary E. Graziano – Admin Director – Abuse Survivors & Victims United
Patricia Caldwell Singleton – Admin Director – Abuse Survivors & Victims United
**Abuse Survivors & Victims United is a Facebook Online Support Group, please contact one of these admin directors for guidelines and interest at becoming a member.**
From ‘Trish’, Michal, Dr. Brenda, and all the Board Members of Butterfly Dreams we sincerely appreciate all of our wonderful family & friends, supporters & partners in ending the generational impact of what has already become mankind’s worst travesty, the pain inflicted on our partners, spouses, and especially our children. Thank you!!